Method360 Presenting at Best Practices for Oil & Gas Conference (Sept. 18-19, 2018)
We’re excited to announce that we’ll be presenting at this year’s Best Practices for Oil & Gas Conference in San Antonio, TX (Sept. 18-19, 2018). We have two must-attend sessions so make sure to add these to your agenda:
Sept. 18, 2018, 2:55 PM
Data and Analytics is changing the way business is being done in Oil and Gas industry. Learn how Andeavor’s recent SAP S/4HANA implementation was predicated largely on the value of analytics and transforming the way its business users experience reporting. Learn why Andeavor chose SAP BW/4HANA solution as the enterprise solution for analytics, and how this differs from available embedded analytics inside SAP S/4HANA. This session will cover business drivers behind the tools selection on a large green field project, the rapid agile development process, key BW modeling changes (i.e. the high degree of flexibility derived from field-based modeling) and highlight some critical lessons learned in delivering a real-time, and highly flexible enterprise analytics solution.
Key business benefits:
- Key inputs and decisions why we leveraged SAP BW/4HANA (vs. HANA Enterprise) and the nature of the mixed model architecture (real business value driven from flexibility, etc)
- Key lessons learned on the agile-implementation approach (rapid time to value)
- Highlight key functional solutions and how made possible with SAP S/4HANA and BW/4HANA
- Highlight critical next steps to extend the core BW4/HANA platform to support big data use cases (i.e. data virtualization/orchestration across BW/4HANA and Hadoop)
- Lessons learned to take back to your analytics implementation
Sept. 19, 2018, 3:10 PM
Gartner defines Self-Service analytics as, “a form of business intelligence (BI) in which line-of-business professionals are enabled and encouraged to perform queries and generate reports on their own, with nominal IT support”. Utilizing the robust data layer of SAP BW/4HANA and the semantic/presentation layers of SAP BusinessObjects and Microsoft PowerBI, business users can realize many benefits of deploying effective self-service solutions. This session will outline the methodology we used to develop flexible data and semantic layers and ultimately provide an environment to business users allowing them to generate their own queries and create the necessary data visualizations to support analytical capabilities. We will highlight publish and subscribe capabilities with specific highlights on the use of Web Intelligence (Webi), Analysis for Office, and non-SAP tools such as PowerBI. In addition to the tool design considerations this session will outline process design considerations for effective self-service reporting and driving efficient user adoption, and leveraging tools like SAP Analytics Hub.
Key business benefits:
- How to setup your organization to support self-service reporting and analytics
- Learn effective methods for monitoring the environment and driving user adoption
- Tangible implementation lessons learned to take to your project